Join us for the Marogoa Tent Hire and Services Road Race on 22 October 2022 presented by Pamoja AC.
The race will take place at the Bloemfontein Bowling Club and have a 5Km and 10Km option.
- 10Km – R120
- 5Km – R70
- Online entries will close on 19 Oct
OFFICIAL RACE START TIMES
- 10Km – 06:30AM
- 5Km – 06:45AM
- Event Organizer – Leonard (084 372 7818)
- Technical Manager – Teboho (083 681 9998)
- Safety Officer – Mamosa (073 159 9210)
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This meeting takes place in accordance with the rules of WA, ASA and AFS.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial, and regional bodies, sponsors, and organizers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of them participation in the race.
- All athletes participate at their own risk.
- Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate.
- All athletes must supply the name and contact number of them next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Registered athletes partake in club colors.
- License no to be worn in front and at the back.
- Non-registered athletes: Temporary Number to be bought for R70 (not 5km runners). No insurance coverage.
- The race number / entry ticket should not cover the ASA license number.
- No seconding allowed.
- Water points every 3km. Two water points on the route and at the finishing line.
- Foreign Athletes must provide a valid clearance certificate (from their country of origin and ASA) as well as a copy of their passport to the organizers and chief referee prior to entry of the event or on demand.
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial license.
- Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colors (neutral kit must be worn) unless such club exists in their country of origin, or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalized citizens of RSA. (Refer to WA rule 4.)
- Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to. (P31-ASA Rules and Regulations -Waver/Disclaimer)
- Permission not granted to partake: No animals/pets, no iPods or listening devices, no blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices, no wheel charts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants or disable wheelchair athletes.
- No late starters will be allowed to start later than 5 minutes from the group start time.
- All instructions from traffic, race, and technical officials, as well as marshals must be always obeyed.
- Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry are eligible for prizes.
- Prize winners need to confirm ID number according to pre-entry form when called or WhatsApp message forward to respond to confirm banking details.
- No refunds on entry fees if race or distance been cancelled or changed to virtual event
- Vehicles will be leading from the front. Emergency vehicles as well as a Security vehicle will be roaming the route. Medical station-finishing line /route
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race ticket unless by prior arrangement with the race organizer.
- The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behavior, vandalism or evade paying for admission, or not complying to COVID 19 Rules and Regulations.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge.
- Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to an AFS disciplinary.
- AFS Green Race: Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in litter area.
- Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
- Participants may make use of own foreseen water bottle filled with water. From start up to finish of distance. To be filled up during the race at the water table if a need for. Being part of the running gear.
- The Safety at Sport and Recreational Events Act 2 of 2010 will be strictly adhere to.
- 10km: Minimum age restriction: 14 years.
- 5km Fun Run: age restriction 9 years and older (children under supervision of parents)
- All participants must adhere to all COVID-19 health and safety protocols implemented by ASA, including the wearing of masks, social distancing, hand sanitizing and must undergo temperature screening before entering the venue.
- Disposable masks are advised up to the start of the race, which can be dropped in the containers at the start.
- Wearing masks during the race is not compulsory, but at completion of race, mask wearing is compulsory at all times.
- Toilet facilities will be available, however no shower or undress rooms.
- Medics will roam the route and medical station will near the finish.
- Refreshments will be sold at the finish.
Bloemfontein Bowling Club, Bloemfontein
|Address||Union Avenue, Arboretum, Bloemfontein, South Africa|